Getting to Know Your Chakras
The word chakra means wheel in Sanskrit. This is because each of the chakras is connected to the next in going up your body. Your chakras are located from your bottom to top of your head. Each chakra serves a function and a corresponding colour making a rainbow throughout your body.
When symptoms occur in your body this may be a sign that there is something going on in your energy centres and creating balance will assist in your overall well-being.
Through understanding how your emotions, mind, and body all affect and support each other you will become aware of the way your different body parts relate to your Chakras and address any ‘stuckness’ that there may be around these energy centres. You will most likely have a blockage in one primary chakra that causes imbalances in the rest.
When all seven chakras are in balance, you will feel balanced in your emotions, mind, and body.
Below is a list of each chakra in detail. Scroll through each one and find out which of your Chakras may be unbalanced.
Chakra One - Root Chakra
Location – Base of the Spine, the perineum.
Colour – Red.
Associations – Survival; the physical body, roots, connection to the earth, your body.
Related Organs – Bones, skeleton, base of spine, legs, feet, the large intestines, genitals.
Development Age – Womb –to 1 year old.
When your root Chakra is unbalanced –
- Feel spacey, ungrounded, anxious and unsatisfied.
- Physically ill or weak, problems with feet, legs, knees, and bones. Sciatica, lower digestion issues, immune system.
- Emotional imbalances include feelings affecting basic survival needs: money, shelter, and food; the ability to provide for life’s necessities.
- Feel stuck and sluggish.
- Feel stressed.
When your root Chakra is in balance –
- Feel grounded, satisfied and comfortable in your own skin.
- Physically full of energy and in good health.
- Living a stable life.
- Feel supported, a sense of connection and safety to the physical world.
- Feel like you belong, content with your body and are confident with money, managing it well and always having enough for what you need and want.
The lesson of this chakra is self-preservation; we have a right to be here.
Chakra Two - Sacral Chakra
Location – Lower stomach and lower back.
Colour – Orange.
Associations – Physical pleasure, fully experiencing emotions, flowing movement, sexuality, creativity, the moon.
Related Organs – Lower back, pelvic area, intestines, reproductive organs, bladder, kidneys.
Development Age – 6 to 18 months old.
When your Sacral Chakra is unbalanced –
- Numb in your body, lack of appetite, issues with physical appearance and self-image.
- Emotionally distant, fear of change, sense of isolation.
- Experience difficulty in allowing yourself to become emotionally and sexually intimate.
- Feeling hurt and confused.
- Difficulty trusting that you can be loved for being you.
- Physical imbalances include sexual and reproductive issues, urinary problems, kidney dysfunctions, hip, pelvic and low back pain.
- Emotional imbalances include a commitment to relationships and the ability to express your emotions.
When your Sacral Chakra is in balance –
- Feel pleasure, take joy in life, accepting of change and going with the flow, happy with your sexuality.
- Have a strong sense of your sexuality.
- Healthy sexual experiences with others, enjoy pleasure in different ways.
- Have the ability to take risks, creative, committed, passionate, sexual and outgoing.
The lesson of this chakra is to honor others.
Chakra Three - Solar Plexus Chakra
Location – Upper stomach, between your belly button and breastbone.
Colour – Yellow.
Associations – Personal power, sense of purpose, the ego, setting goals and boundaries, psychic ability, gut intuition.
Related Organs – Upper digestive organs, including the stomach, liver, diaphragm, adrenal glands, the immune system.
Development Age – 18 months to 3 years old.
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is unbalanced –
- Struggle to make decisions, lack of direction, passive and submissive, afraid to challenge self.
- Feel like a victim in the world and often feel powerless relative to other people and circumstances.
- Give your power away to others as you feel this is necessary to keep peace in relationships.
- Find it difficult to take action on your dreams due to a sense of powerlessness and low self-esteem.
- Physical imbalances include stomach anxiety, low energy, digestive problems, liver dysfunction, chronic fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, stomach ulcers, pancreas and gallbladder issues, colon diseases.
- Emotional imbalances include issues of personal power and self-esteem, your inner critic comes out. Fear of rejection.
When your Solar Plexus is in Balance –
- Feel energetic, confident and focused, can stand up for self, get things done, trust gut intuition.
- Have a strong sense of your power and how to use it in healthy ways.
- You want to use your power and influence for good in the world.
- Feel self-respect and self-compassion.
- Feel in control, assertive, confident.
The lesson of this chakra is self-acceptance.
Chakra Four - Heart Chakra
Location – Middle of the chest, in the area of the physical heart.
Colour – Green or Pink
Associations – Unconditional love, compassion, healing, healthy detachment, balance.
Related Organs – Heart, lungs, upper back, shoulder blades, arms, and hands.
Development Age – 4 to 7 years old.
When your Heart Chakra is Unbalanced –
- Difficulty in giving and receiving love, low self-esteem.
- Afraid of commitment and feel like you have to please others to be loved.
- Feeling hurt by others in relationships.
- Guard yourself against being hurt again.
- Difficulty in giving and receiving love and being compassionate.
- Hold grudges and become needy in relationships, and this often leads to anger and distrust.
- Physical imbalances include asthma, heart disease, lung disease, issues with breasts, lymphatic systems, upper back and shoulder problems, arm and wrist pain.
- Emotional imbalances include issues of the heart; over-loving to the point of suffocation, jealousy, abandonment, anger, bitterness. Fear of loneliness.
When your Heart Chakra is in Balance –
- A kind view of the world and others, kindness to yourself and others.
- Ability to maintain emotional boundaries.
- Being present.
- Feel comfortable in your relationships and have trust.
- Give and receive love easily, and you feeling of gratitude, joy, love, compassion for your self and others, forgiveness flows easily.
The lesson of this chakra is I Love.
Chakra Five - Throat Chakra
Location – Front of the throat, back of the neck.
Colour – Blue.
Associations – Communication, speaking your truth, listening.
Related Organs – Neck, throat, shoulders, mouth, sinuses, ears.
Development Age – 7 to 12 years old.
When your Throat Chakra is unbalanced –
- Constrained voice, dislike confrontation, people talk over you.
- Feel afraid to speak up and say what you want or feel.
- Go along with others so you don’t upset anyone.
- Feel frustrated because you don’t feel that other people hear what you have to say.
- Physical imbalances include thyroid issues, you get sore throats often, mouth ailments, laryngitis, TMJ, ear infections, blocked sinuses ulcers, any facial problems (chin, cheek, lips, tongue problems) neck and shoulder pain.
- Feel like you have a lump in your throat and feel that your throat is blocked.
- Emotional imbalances include issues of self-expression through communication, both spoken or written. Fear of no power or choice. No willpower or being out of control.
When your Throat Chakra is in Balance –
- Ability to express yourself easily and effectively without fear.
- Feel comfortable speaking your truth.
- Experience others listening to you and you feel that you are heard and honoured for your truth.
- Free flowing of words, expression, communication.
- Feel able to communicate firmly, honestly and truthfully.
- Good at listening.
The lesson of this chakra is to speak up and let your voice be heard.
Chakra Six - Inner Eye Chakra
Location – The brow, slightly above your eyebrows in the middle.
Colour – Indigo.
Associations – Sixth sense, intuition, wisdom, spiritual awareness, seeing clearly, perspective, balance.
Related Organs – The eyes, brain, sinuses, pineal gland.
Development Age – adolescence.
When your Third Eye Chakra is Unbalanced –
- Overly practical brain, struggle to be creative, narrow-minded and dismissive of other’s opinions.
- Feel detached from spirituality.
- Difficulty in finding meaning in life and ask yourself, ‘Why am I here?’.
- Feeling disconnected from your intuition.
- Difficulty in making decisions.
- Feeling lost in your life path.
- Physical imbalances include headaches, often have tension in your brow, blurred vision, sinus issues, eyestrain, seizures, hearing loss, hormone function.
- Emotional imbalances include issues with moodiness, volatility, and self-reflection.
- Unable to look at your fears.
When your Third Eye Chakra is in Balance –
- Have a clear brain, clear sight, focussed.
- Imagination, insight, a balance between logic and intuition.
- Trust your intuition.
- Feel a strong sense of your own inner truth and listen to and follow it as it guides you on your life path.
- Open to receiving wisdom and insight.
The lesson of this chakra is to see the big picture.
Chakra Seven - Crown Chakra
Location – Top of the head, a single chakra pointing upwards.
Colour – Violet / White
Associations – Connection to the divine, and to the divinity within you.
Related Organs – Top of the brain, pituitary gland.
Development Age – early adult and beyond.
When your Crown Chakra is unbalanced –
- Feeling of being cut off from spirituality or hostile to it.
- Feelings of meaninglessness, loneliness, and depression.
- May feel a strong attachment to material possessions.
- Feel no connection or guidance from a higher power.
- Feel unworthy of spiritual help.
- Physical imbalance includes migraines and tension headaches, depression, inability to learn, sensitivity to light, sound and the environment.
- Emotional imbalances include issues with self-knowledge and greater power. Fear of alienation.
When your Crown Chakra is in Balance –
- Spirituality, a feeling of connection, but also of benign detachment, sense of euphoria, wonder, calm, spaciousness and light, life has meaning.
- Feel connected to a higher power and sense that you are cared for.
- Feelings of gratitude for the universal love and appreciation you feel towards yourself and others.
- Live in the present moment.
- Have trust in your inner guidance.
The lesson of this chakra is live mindfully.
You may feel that you have more than one chakra unbalanced. When one is unbalanced or blocked other chakras will compensate and either become over-active or underactive.
If you resonate with any of the above contact us to book your body balancing chakra healing session.
If you would like to speak to Maria or Tony about booking an appointment or you want to have a chat to find out what therapy is right for you and how you are feeling then you can either give us a call, send us a message via our website below or email us directly.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.